SF2C19 | Migration Guide to Symfony 3
- This training guides you to the migration step of your Symfony 2 applications towards Symfony 3. You will learn where and how to update a Symfony 2 application code that uses deprecated features in order to make it compatible for the Symfony 3 version. You will also discover the history, the strategy and the tools we designed to keep the migration path to Symfony 3.0 smooth and painless for developers. This training workshop is available online. Contact us and we'll tell you how.
PrerequisitesBasic Symfony2 knowledge
GoalsThis short training introduces you to the current state of the Symfony 3.0 project. As you'll see, the Symfony 3.0 version isn't a revolution but just a natural evolution of the current Symfony 2 codebase. Nevertheless, some handwork will be required if you want to upgrade your applications to Symfony 3.0. This workshop will be your practical guide to know all the steps to migrate a Symfony 2 codebase to make it compatible with the Symfony 3.0 version.
The Story to Build a Smooth Migration Path
- Discovering the story to build our « deprecation » layer
- Introduction to the Symfony « Backward Compatibility » Promise
- Ensuring backward compatibility accross all Symfony 2.x versions
- Deprecating code from a version to another with the « Deprecations Framework »
- Separating automated tests for deprecated features with the « Symfony PHPUnit Bridge »
- Discovering the new Symfony 3.x features
- Introduction to the SensioLabs Deprecation Detector Tool and Fixer
Migrating a Symfony 2.x Application Codebase to Symfony 3.x
- Upgrading the old application codebase to Symfony 2.8
- Using manual search and patterns to identify deprecated code
- Using the Symfony « Web Profiler » to identify deprecated code
- Using the Symfony « PHPUnit Bridge » to identify deprecated code
- Updating the codebase to make it work with Symfony 2.8 and 3.0
- Switching dependencies to Symfony 3.0 when all deprecations are gone
Available languagesFrench, English
Available countriesFrance, Worldwide
No session scheduled
No session is scheduled for this course. However we organize tailored training courses: contact us for more informations!