LABS07 | Docker for the Web developer
- This tutorial is targeted to Web developers who would like to quickly discover the fundamental concepts and essential usages of the Docker software. In one day only, this course covers the main Docker commands, its main configuration files and how to setup a complete LAMP stack for PHP web development.
PrerequisitesMastering Linux and its command line interface
GoalsThis one day workshop is primarily targeted to Web developers. It allows you to quickly understand how Docker works and how to install and configure it on Linux. You'll also learn how to use Docker, master its main commands and how to create and customize the official Docker images to build an entire custom PHP and Symfony development environment.
Introduction to Docker
- What is Docker?
- Understanding how Docker works
- Installing Docker on Linux
- Being aware of the compatibility issues between Linux, Mac OS and Windows
- Discovering the main Docker commands
- Finding and modifying the main Docker configuration files
- Understanding the concepts of containers and images
- Creating and managing Docker containers
- Monitoring Docker containers when they're running
- Creating and managing your own Docker images
- Handling network communication between Docker containers
- Sharing files between Docker containers and the local environment
- Using environment variables
Building a LAMP stack Docker image
- Getting started with the « docker-compose » utility tool
- Installing and configuring an Apache + PHP + MySQL image
- Overriding and customizing standard official images to fit your application needs
- Improving the Docker configuration to support Nginx and PostgreSQL
Running a Symfony Application on Docker
- Installing a Symfony Standard Edition on Docker
- Resolving the permissions issues on the cache, logs and sessions directories
- Changing the PHP sessions configuration to store them in a Redis or Memcached server
- Installing and configuring the Blackfire.io utility tool
No session scheduled
No session is scheduled for this course. However we organize tailored training courses: contact us for more informations!