PHPC5 | Building C extensions for PHP
- This two day training course brings you into the discovery of the PHP language internals and understanding of its internal engine: the Zend Engine. During this two days, you will learn how PHP works internally and you will also learn how to create and compile your own custom PHP extensions. Creating custom PHP extensions will help you to improve the performances of your PHP applications or simply empower the current PHP default API.
PrerequisitesGood knowledge of the C language and the Linux platform.
GoalsIn only two days, discover how PHP was built more than a decade ago and learn how to build your first C extensions to empower the PHP language. You will also discover how possible it is to drastically improve the performances of your PHP applications.
Understanding the PHP Internal Architecture
- Discovering PHP and its internal Zend Engine
- Understanding the Zend compiler and virtual machine
- Discovering the engine performances
Discovering the Extension System
- Detailed PHP compilation
- Extensions and Zend Extensions
- Extensions connecting points
- Compilation and deployment
- Variables and memory management
- Arrays, functions, classes and objects
- Third party libraries encapsulation
- Unit testing
We also recommend the following courses
Available languagesFrench, English
Available countriesFrance, Worldwide
No session scheduled
No session is scheduled for this course. However we organize tailored training courses: contact us for more informations!